Sunday, April 25, 2010

2 Weeks Early

I have heard people say that the growing season is 2 weeks early this year. I think they are correct. My Mom and I have daylillies blooming way ahead of last year's blooming time. The wildflowers are blooming ahead of last year also, one noticeable flower is the Ox-Eye Daisy. They usually don't bloom until May.


Another is the Ozark Spiderwort.
It can be found around river/creek banks. This is one of 3 spiderworts that grow here.



It will be interesting to see how long this trend of early blooming will last. Maybe the hot weather and lack of moisture will put the plants back in their normal blooming cycle.

1 comment:

  1. I have a few iris blooming ahead of schedule as well. Nice clear pictures and of course my favorite is the daisy!

    ReplyDelete